Funding for the Medina Raptor Center relies exclusively on donations. Contributions are used to provide food, housing and medical care for the birds as well as educational outreach programs. The Center is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Did you know that the COVID-19 CARES Stimulus Act affects donations to nonprofit organizations like the Medina Raptor Center?
You can receive increased deductions for gifts made in the 2020 tax year as part of a $2 trillion economic stimulus package legislated to provide immediate relief for nonprofits. You can benefit three different ways depending on how you donate:
Read the details and requirements for receiving these tax benefits on the IRS’s Charitable Contribution Deductions webpage. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor to determine how these changes affect your specific tax planning.
Thank you for your generous support of the Medina Raptor Center!
Donate securely and easily through our PayPal Giving Fund by clicking below.
Smile.amazon.com is an Amazon service that will donate a portion of your purchase price directly to the organization of your choice. Simply sign up for Smile, select the Medina Raptor Center as your preferred organization,and shop as normal. Amazon will automatically donate a percentage of the value of your purchase to the Center.
Donors can purchase specific supplies from the Center wish list and have them shipped directly to our facility. Amazon will provide the shipping address during check out.
Medina Raptor Center Wish List
Cash Donations are the most important to the Medina Raptor Center. We are able to purchase food for the birds, pay veterinary bills, and much more with cash donations. We have PayPal on the website or you can always mail your donation.
- Gift Cards to home improvement stores (ex. Home Depot or Lowes). We are always updating and making repairs at the Center. Currently we are seeking gift cards for things like: Lumber, Shelving, Industrial cleaning supplies, Caulking, hinges for caging etc.
- Rodent Pro gift certificates for mice and rats. Rodent Pro gift certificates
- Gift Certificates to Amazon.com (Don’t forget to choose a Charity for Amazon Smile while you shop. We recommend Medina Raptor Center or other Rehabilitation facilities like ours.)
- Bird Seed. Our songbirds are GREAT eaters! We always need unopened bags of good quality bird seed.
- Suet For our woodpeckers that are being rehabilitated at the Center. Unopened and in date please.
- Foods: Unopened and fresh please:
• Chopped Walnuts: Plain – no salt or additives
• Wheat Germ
• Fruit (Frozen is fine) (Grapes, raspberries, strawberries) Fresh too!
- Paper Towels
- Gallon Jugs of Simple Green Cleaner. This is a safe product for the animals that we use daily.
- Clorox ‘Green Works’
- Compostable Cleaners and Lysol wipes
- Everyday cleaners